Features & Benefits
- RIPCORD® — With the sophistication of construction practices it becomes a must to follow the proper sequencing principles. RIPCORD® split release offers the flexibility to install half the membrane before and the other half after the other building envelope components are installed, i.e. housewrap or felt. Only in this way are the proper installation principles followed.
- Easy to work with — Membrane installation is fast and easy— simply remove the release paper and press onto the substrate. With VYCOR® Plus flashings allow contractors to flash more windows with better quality.
- Superior adhesion capabilities — The membrane creates a strong bond to the substrate for long-lasting waterproofing protection.
- Seals around fasteners — The specially formulated rubberized asphalt adhesive seals around fasteners, allowing no water to penetrate and get to the substrate.
- Forms water-tight laps — VYCOR® Plus flashing's superior adhesion properties ensure strong laps, even in seams in the flashing.
- Measurement markings — The membrane surface is clearly marked at 6 in. (150 mm) and 12 in. (300 mm) intervals to facilitate the installation procedure.
- Highly conformable and flexible — Can accommodate settlement and shrinkage movement.
- Proven track record — VYCOR® Plus flashing employs the same proven technology as our Grace Ice & Water Shield® —the market leader in self-adhered underlayments for over 35 years.
- Long-lasting waterproofing protection — The polyethylene film and the specially-formulated rubberized asphalt components create a water and moisture barrier that does not degrade from the effects of the environment.
VYCOR® Plus self-adhered flashing is a unique solution, appropriate for working around a number of detail areas, including, but not limited to:
- Window and door openings (headers, sills, jambs, thresholds, nailing flanges)
- Deck-to-wall intersections
- Inside and outside corners of sheathing
- Wall-to-wall tie-ins
- Foundation sill plates
- Sheathing panel seams
- Under stucco finishes
- Masonry walls
- Other non-roof detail areas